She holds the key of life,
as life she creates;
makes you feel protected & safe,
in magic, you’ll have faith.
A light in the darkness,
a silent touch of pleasure,
carrier of beauty and power,
creator of love with no measure.
A tribute to all feminine beings,
protecting our homes from evil spirits,
restoring harmony and blooming emotions;
mothers, sisters, wives, and daughters…
without them, it’s a world with no motion.
In Ancient Egypt, Bastet was the goddess of protection, pleasure, and the bringer of good health. She had the head of a cat and a slender female body.
It was believed that every day she would ride through the sky with her father, the sun god Ra. As his boat pulled the sun through the sky she would watch over and protect him. At night, she would turn into a cat to protect Ra from his greatest enemy, the serpent Apep.
Due to her life-giving and protective duties, she was nicknamed the Lady of the East, Goddess of the Rising Sun, and the Sacred and All-Seeing Eye. The “eye of Ra” was both a part of Ra and a separate being from him, and was considered his mother, sister, wife, and daughter simultaneously. In this aspect, Bastet symbolized Ra’s feminine counterpart and was sent out to take vengeance on his enemies.
About Bastet ring:
- Limited edition of 22 pieces, handcrafted and finished by artisans in Bali.
- 100% Recycled solid sterling silver/ 18k gold vermeil (5 micra)
- Please specify your size in the “order notes” box at checkout. If you are unsure of your size please check it here.
- Exclusive Rawile “Bastet” handmade box.
- This collection is made upon order; please allow 7 days for the order to be completed + shipping (worldwide shipping is included in the price and takes 7 to 10 days).
- Every design comes with a unique story.